Grand Poker is the official poker arm of the world-renowned 5Dimes Group, which runs one of the most trusted sportsbook and casino operations in the industry today. It was originally known as “The Fish Pond” in the years prior to it’s official relaunch as Grand Poker in late 2014. It is one of the few USA-friendly poker sites that we would recommend playing at, mainly due to its fishy player pool and because they also share network traffic with its Asian-centric skin named “The Dragon Room.”
However, before actually registering an account for Grand Poker, you will need to follow our links to open a 5Dimes.eu account first. This is only a formality as having a 5Dimes account allows you to not only access the poker software for Grand, but it also gives you access to their lightning fast cashier to help fund your account and make a withdrawal.
Current Bonuses and Promotions at Grand Poker
Unlike most online poker sites, there is no “traditional” bonus available at Grand Poker. The bonuses you earn are actually only available through your play at their sportsbook, which is of course at 5Dimes.eu.
That bonus is 50% up to $520 and your bonus money, along with your original bankroll, can be easily moved between the sportsbook and the poker room with the click of a button or an email to email@example.com.
There is good news though! Grand Poker actually offers some of the more unique promotions in the industry at the moment, mainly in the form of incentives most other online poker rooms don’t offer. These include, but are not limited to:
– Bad Beat Jackpot: BBJ tables are listed very specifically under the “Cash Game” when you fire up the Grand Poker software. The losing hand must contain at least Quad 8’s or better to qualify, with the winner and loser including both cards in the hand itself (you can’t just be holding ONE card in hand and play a 4-card board essentially).
– No Fee Guarantees: These are unique tournaments that don’t have a fee attached to them. ALL of these tournaments also have guaranteed prizepools no matter what.
– SportsPlay MTT’s: This is a very cool special for sports bettors who alternatively split their time in the 5Dimes sportsbook and the Grand Poker room. The buyin is literally ONE PENNY, with 25 cent rebuys and 50 cent add-ons. The prizepool pays out the top 9 spots, with 1st place earning a $150 freeplay bet to use in the sportsbook. Even 9th place will get a $10 free bet in this particular tournament.
Currently, Grand Poker is run off its own proprietary platform off GPN itself – aka Grand Poker Network. It’s one of the more simpler poker rooms we’ve tested and reviews, but what they lack in design prospects they make up for in the types of players that are frequently sitting at the tables.
Grand Poker’s software allows you to play several tables at a time with little to ZERO lag, which is great for bother grinders and rec players. However, it should be noted that the network has been known to have intermittent connection issues so that is something you might want to monitor if you’re plan on playing a few of the bigger weekend tournaments where you’ll be stuck at the tables for a few hours.
Most players that have reviewed that site at forums and through their own interactions with me have found that the RNG (“random number generator) is not only quite fair but it is always tested and updated from the executives in charge of Grand Poker’s operations side. This is great news to hear as there are far too many reports of “rigged” RNG’s from shadier poker sites that have been popping up in the last few years.
The poker and casino sites that have “skins” on the Grand Poker Network are as follows:
Graphics, Lobby and Interface
The ambience of Grand Poker isn’t all that inviting. It truly is a no non-sense type of site that allows players to at least switch up different table skins or use a 4-color deck if they want to mix it up a little on the virtual felt.
Overall, the colors are kind of dark and unappealing at first, but at least they allow a little customization to those when you sit at a table. They have cool avatars you can use to allow you to have a fun little identity while playing your opponents and also allow for chatting amongst other people at your table.
The lobby itself is basic, but it allows you to easily filter your games by certain limits, cash games, tournaments and sit n go’s. This is a neat feature as it allows you to quickly break down your wants right away with a drop-down selector for each game and stake level. The cashier can also be accessed from the lobby and you can move funds to and from the poker room and your sportsbook account at 5Dimes.eu.
Grand Poker Banking Options
Currently, Grand Poker offers a wide array of both deposit and withdrawal options for customers looking to open up accounts at the site. Since Grand shares their cashier with 5Dimes, it actually allows for very quick transactions and funds transfers between your sportsbook account and poker account.
Here is an updated list of methods in which you can use to deposit and cash out with – but you can also check out the most updated list of choices for your banking needs by visiting https://www.5dimes.eu/fundingMethods.html:
Deposit Options and Limits
– Bitcoin ($25 to $10K daily limits) – this is the fastest and most popular method in which to fund your account. Simply copy/paste the BTC wallet ID that 5Dimes/Grand provides for you in the backend and send the amount over from your chosen wallet (ie Coinbase, etc). You will have 15 minutes to process the transaction, but once it is submitted you should see your funds available within a few minutes.
– Credit Cards ($50 to $500 daily limits) – obviously this is the easiest way to deposit since everyone has credit cards and a lot of people aren’t too familiar with Bitcoin just yet. Some banks will decline these types of transactions, but if you call support or talk to Live Chat on the 5Dimes.eu website they can normally complete your transaction if you’re having a problem with your credit card issuer.
Withdrawal Options and Limits
– Bitcoin (Limits VARY by customer) – this is the EASIEST way to cash out, as Bitcoin allows for larger cashouts that only take 1 to 3 days to process and hit your bitcoin wallet. There are also NO FEES for using bitcoin to cash out.
The cashout limits do vary by customer, as “Bitcoin-exclusive” depositors have no limits on their Bitcoin payouts. Customers who are “non-exclusive” Bitcoin depositors can request up to $5,000 per 7 days.
– Bank Wire (up to $9,500) – this is one of the more traditional cash out methods, especially for old school players who just like knowing their money will hit their physical bank accounts right away. There is NO FEE to use this method and it is processed within 48 hours.
– Courier Check ($1k minimum; $7,500 maximum) – the fees on this method range anywhere form $40 to $80 depending on the amount withdrawn.
You will get a physical cashier’s check mailed to you via FedEx. You MUST SIGN for this at your door or it will not be released.
Also, minimum amount for checks is $1k, with the max being $7,500.
If it is a FIRST TIME payout, the maximum amount is $3,000. Payouts higher than this are subject to specific documentation as well.