At PokerLaws.org, we are primarily working towards giving our users the best and most updated information in regards to iGaming laws in the United States and all around the world. However, as this valuable resource was also founded by former poker players themselves, we also think it’s important to give you additional insights into the game of itself and how you can further improve your poker knowledge.
You will find a comprehensive selection of poker strategy articles below that will help you elevate your game and understand what it takes to become successful long-term. All of the pieces were written by former players, including live grinders that are regulars in Las Vegas and Phoenix, Arizona. Everything you see here is very easy to read and can be applied to both online poker and live poker games, including tips on doing well in big-time poker MTT’s.
Situational Poker Strategies
Articles in this section will cover strategy in many types of situations, including how to play certain hands, getting value in different table positions or how to play pots against various types of players.
Situational poker is something you’ll experience at all levels and all different types of table stakes. You’ll want to know how to navigate around the minefield of scenarios you may find yourself in when you’re playing the game – many of these pieces will show you how to do just that.
- Folding an Over Pair
- Getting Max Value Pre-Flop
- Getting the Right Price Pre-Flop
- Limping w/ Pocket Aces
- How to Play Pocket Jacks
- Giving up on Big Pairs
- Playing Multi-Way Pots w/ Fish
- Playing Combo Draws
- When to Play Suited Connectors
- When to Fold Suited Connectors
- Value Betting a Calling Station
Bluff Strategies in Poker Games
This portion of our strategy section deals with the art of bluffing in poker. Bluffing is not only a necessity to become a well-rounded player, but it’s also a tactic many use to ensure that their table image isn’t easy to read.
These articles will deal with bluffing against certain types of players, as well as adjusting your bluff strategy at different table stakes. This is one of my favorite plays in the game itself, as the bluff can easily make or break your psyche – and sometimes, your bankroll (for better or for worse…).
- Bluffing a “Calling Station”
- Bluffing in Small Stakes Poker
- Showing Bluffs
- Letting a Loose Aggressive Player Bluff You
Check-Raising, Checking Down and Check/Calling in Poker
Just like bluffing is an essential part of the game of poker, knowing when to hold firm and checking down or check-calling can be just as important a move when it comes to pot control.
Check-raising in certain spots, as well as check-folding a flop with two big cards can help you stay in the game even longer and keep all of your opponents guessing. This tutorial section will give you insight on different types of “check strategy.”
- Check-Raising the Flop
- Check-Raising the River
- Checking Down the Nuts
- Check/Calling With Weak Hands
- Check/Folding the Flop With a Big Hand
#1 Editor's Choice All-in-One Gambling Site: BetOnline.ag
BetOnline.ag is one of the most reputable online poker sites that still cater to United States players and ALL grinders worldwide. Claim your 100% poker bonus and/or FREE $25 sports bet!
- New players can earn up to $1,000 in bonus cash on their 1st deposit.
- Ridiculously crisp software and graphics - no lag whatsoever online or on your mobile device.
- Super easy to deposit on - #1 credit card acceptance rate ANYWHERE; Cryptocurrency also accepted!
- 24/7 live support, VERY FAST payout speeds and built-in sportsbook and casino.
- $25 FREE BET available and other perks you can use at their online or LIVE DEALER casino.
EDITOR'S NOTE: BetOnline welcomes players from ALL 50 states and from ALL OVER THE WORLD w/ limited restrictions.